Defensive Focus Shooting – $450
The Defensive Focus Shooting Program is an Intuitive shooting program designed to help the student be more Efficient with a defensive firearm in the context of a self defense incident.
This course is two full days of intense training, teaching and practice. The course will cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting & Intuitive Skill Development
- Combat Accuracy
- Lateral Motion
- The Balance of Speed & Precision
- The Critical Incident Reload
- Volume of Fire
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- Understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident.
- The Skill Development Cycle
- One Handed & Weak Handed Shooting
- Non-Diagnostic Linear Malfunction Clearing
- Shooting in Motion (When, How & Why)
The Defensive Focus Shooting Course is designed to make you a better shooter, as well as help you quickly develop fundamental skills that you can apply in a worst case scenario, defensive shooting situation.
DFS is based on years of constantly evolving information about how the body works and what really happens during Dynamic Critical Incidents and has been heavily influenced by the diverse group of instructors that are certified to teach it and the thousands of students who have been through courses all around the world. The program features a variety of specialty drills and training methods that the student will be able to utilize in the their own practice after the course in order to continue to develop their abilities.
See http://combatfocusshooting.com/ for more details.
This class requires drawing from the holster and shooting while moving. If you do not feel comfortable with these skills please take Introduction to Defensive Focus Shooting and Fundamentals of Defensive Focus Shooting before taking this course.
Students will need to bring:
- Proper Attitude
- Handgun (Calibers allowed include 380, .38SPL, 9MM, .357SIG, .40S&W, and .45ACP. Revolver shooters should bring a minimum of 4 speed loaders, moon clips or speed strips or minimum of 4 magazines)
- Strong side Holster, and magazine pouches
- 1200 rounds of quality ammo
- Rain gear and Appropriate Clothing
- Knee and elbow pads
- Hat, bugs spray, sun block
- Pen and paper